Empire Hall, Victoria Road, Horley, Surrey RH6 7AW
Parking available for up to 10 cars.
General Information for the Building
Situated in the heart of Horley, the Empire Hall is a perfect base for a meeting, exercise class, children’s parties or a sleepover.
- The maximum capacity of the hall is 80.
- For sleepovers the hall cannot accommodate more than 24.
There is large hall, a well equipped kitchen and two bathrooms.
- The kitchen is equipped with an oven an hob and sink, a fridge-freezer, microwave, electric kettles, dishwasher and a vacuum cleaner as well as all the usual paraphernalia for everyday living.
- We do not provide a cleaning service so please allow time to clear up after your session and leave the hall as you found it.
We do not supply camp beds or mats so you will need to come equipped to sleep on our vinyl floor.
Equipment and Facilities
Kitchen Equipment; Please enquire
Cleaning Equipment; full cleaning equipment supplied and available in cleaning cupboard.
Please bring your own tea towels, washing up liquid, soap, cleaning materials, bin bags, toilet rolls.
There is limited kitchen equipment available and would advise users to bring their own plates and cutlery.
All rubbish needs to be taken home by the hirer.
Please ensure nothing obstructs the fire exit doors at any time.
All unit or personal electrical equipment must be PAT tested before use on site. As mobile phone chargers may not have been, please make sure these are not left unattended or on overnight
Fire and Security
There are several fire exits that lead off the main hall. Please check the doors are properly shut afterwards.
Fire extinguishers are situated in the hall and kitchen, please familarise yourself with their locations
Ensure the Key to the Garden Fire Exit is kept in the lock at all times whilst hall is in use
There is no smoking allowed anywhere on site
It is advisable to arrange a fire practice as soon after arrival as possible, so that everyone (including children) knows what to do in an emergency both by day and by night. There is a fire assembly point at Victoria Close
Please make sure that all adults know how to use the various fire appliances and where they are situated.
If there is a fire, call the fire brigade, alert any other users on site and make sure someone goes to the end of the driveway to meet the Fire Service. Tell the Booking Secretary as soon as possible.
Please make sure all rooms and floors are clean. Breakages and damage should be reported to EHHorley@gmail.com and you may be charged. Please make sure you take all your rubbish and recycling home with you.
- Check everything is returned to its correct place – which is where it was when you arrived.
- Ensure all windows are closed
- Wash bathroom and kitchen floors. Clean all other floors as necessary – sweeping may be sufficient.
- Empty the vacuum cleaner if full.
- Check the chairs are stacked in piles of no more than 8.
- Check the fire doors are properly closed and the front door is locked.
- All cooking pots, frying pans and bowls to be left clean and dry.
- All taps, cooker switches and electrical sockets turned off. Leave fridge and freezer on.
- No items left – tea towels, food, or wet cloths of any kind.
- Cooker and microwave thoroughly clean, including oven and trays under grill and burners.
- Clean the toilets, washbasins and shower and empty the bins.
- Check that all ‘camps’, ‘dens’ etc have been dismantled and string, plastic etc removed and taken home.
- Clear all litter from the grounds, including materials used for wide games and other activities.
- Lost property will be kept for 28 days following your residential/camp after which it will be disposed of. Please contact the Bookings Secretary if you have left anything behind.
All damage and breakages must be reported and may be charged.
Please let us know about any major accidents that you report to Guiding Headquarters on an Accident Form. We may need to change something as a result.
Please leave Empire Hall as you would like to find it. If any area is unsatisfactory the Leader-in-charge will be asked to stay (or return) and clean up. We inspect after each letting and do not accept ‘it was like this when we came’ as an excuse. Incoming Leaders do appreciate a clean house or camp site.
The building is newly decorated and though we have tried, we probably have not thought of everything. We are always happy to be given suggestions on the building and about other equipment. Please send comments to EHHorley@gmail.com
Have a good stay!
Several bus services pass the site linking with other local towns. Details can be found on the Surrey County Council website.
Horley Railway Station is a 12 minute walk away and Gatwick airport a 5 minute Drive.
Supermarkets & Stores
A good variety of supermarkets and retailers can be found in Horley including Waitrose and Lidl supermarkets
There is also a Tesco Local, and various takeaways close by.
Hospitals and Doctors
East Surrey Hospital, Canada Avenue, Redhill RH1 5RH 01737 768511 has an A&E department
Doctor Out of hours service – 111